Walton on the Wolds Probate Material, 1661-1700
Walton on the Wolds, as its name suggests, stands on the north Leicestershire Wolds. A long, thin parish stretching almost five miles from the river Soar in the west, it is one of eight parishes which converge on an area of former grazing at Six Hills in the east. An early salt way forms part of the eastern boundary. The village has always been a farming community, with no significant industry, although now many farm houses and associated buildings have been converted into domestic dwellings. There are good (and recently improved) road links to Leicester, Nottigham and Loughborough, which give today's village a dormitory character.