This near-continuous run of cottages begins with Nos. 1–2 , where stonework shows that a first-floor central casement has been removed. The central dormer was probably shared between the two attics, with a central partition forming the window's central mullion. Beyond, Homeleigh and No. 4 display a rusticated treatment typical of the mid 20th century; No. 4 has a memorial stone to Nan Meadows (1912–88), a former District Nurse and (latterly) peace campaigner. Fortey’s Close, perhaps the most stylish house in the street, is followed by Nos. 5–8, built in the 18th century as two mirror-image cottage pairs but long since converted into two houses. The street's western side ends with Russell Cox's vicarage of 1937, an excellent example of sympathetic 20th-century building in Burford.