Winsford Church of St Mary Magdalene This church is of Norman origin with a 13th-century chancel whose restored roof contains the original wallplate and some bosses. The rest of the church is late medieval. The church was restored in the19th century by J D Sedding who died here in 1891 while carrying out the work. The screen was installed in 1890--1. The south doorway may be Norman work and the door is medieval with probable 13th-century ironwork. The church is unusual in Exmoor in having a taller tower than its neighbours, nave and aisles under one roof, and especially in having two windows above the chancel arch. The main east and west windows are 19th-century but the east window contains a small 14th-century stained glass image of the Virgin. Among the fittings of interest is the Norman font decorated with twisted columns and a frieze of saltire crosses. There are a Royal coat of arms dated 1609, a Jacobean pulpit, and 18th-century altar rails.