Witney Street (south): No. 16
No. 16 Witney Street is modern, built c.1990 on the site of the former Agg's builders' yard. It blends in by incorporating local materials and vernacular features such as sash windows and dormers, though the flat stone window heads are incongruous: for authenticity, they should have been timber lintels.
A house here was occupied in 1473 by Robert Coburley, hosier. Fireplaces from a more recent building survived in the external wall of the Angel when the site was a yard.
(Photo by Richard Shaw, Oxfordshire Buildings Record)