Content generated during research for the paperback book 'Bristol: Ethnic Monorities and the City 1000-2001' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-477-5 ) for the England's Past for Everyone series
This public house carries a carving of the sculptor's view of what a Native American would look like.
This Church was the home church of Josiah Tucker when he was a Curate and Rector. He later became Dean of Gloucester.
This Concert Hall, owned by the City Council, was erected in 1867 and named in honour of local merchant Edward Colston.
This pub is another link to the thriving Bristol sugar industry, although the refinery itself burnt down in 1859.
Colston is widely revered as one of Bristol's biggest benefactors.
The Lewin's Mead Sugar House, now Hotel du Vin Bristol, was once a sugar refinery processing sugar cane.
Off Broad Street is Tailor's Court, to one side of which is The Court House.
The first open meeting in Bristol on the abolition of the slave trade occurred in 1788, in the medieval Guild Hall (now demolished), Broad Street.
The Commercial Rooms were built in 1810 by Charles Busby, just after the aboliton of the slave trade in Britain (1807). It replaced a well-known C
This once was the site of one of the first banks outside London.