Content generated during research for the paperback book 'Bristol: Ethnic Monorities and the City 1000-2001' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-477-5 ) for the England's Past for Everyone series
The Exchange was built in 1741–43 by John Wood the Elder, with carvings by Thomas Paty, replacing the less grand facilities on the site for Bristol
The Bristol Slavery Trail illustrates the links between the city of Bristol and the wider global economy during the era of the Atlantic slave trade
Corn Street was the street where many merchants did business during the 1700s.
All Saints Church dates from around the early 12th century and has been enlarged and altered over successive centuries, most notably: 15th century
In 1787 the publican of The Seven Stars helped Thomas Clarkson find out about the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
The Theatre Royal is situated on the quiet cobbled King Street .
Built in the seventeenth century, this is one of the few remaining streets in Bristol with a number of buildings which owe their existence to the w
In 1696 the Bristol Society of Merchant Venturers built their almshouses here for sick and elderly sailors, and the building still survives.
Merchants' Hall was the eighteenth-century headquarters of the Society of the Merchant Venturers of the City of Bristol.
Off to the side of Queen Square is Marsh Street, a rather less well to do address.