Content generated during research for the paperback book 'Burford: Buildings and People in a Cotswold Town' (ISBN 13 : 9781860774881) for the England's Past for Everyone series
The street continues with a further line of 17th-century rubble cottages, whose 19th-century occupants included labourers, a groom and gardener, an
This site formerly included two cottages, shown in 1920s photographs.
Burford saw an early Baptist presence.
In the 19th century this long range comprised two pairs of cottages.
Most of the present house is late 17th-century, built probably by the chandler Thomas Parsons who owned and lived in it in 1708.
This site will soon contain all Burford wills and inventories for 1500-1699.
Several houses at Witney Street's north-west end (before the modern cul-de-sac of Sylvester Close) began as outbuildings for premises on High Stree
The large gable facing the street at No.
One of the earliest Dissenting groups in Burford were the Friends or Quakers.
This site will soon contain all Burford wills and inventories for 1500-1699. There will be a glossary to help with obscure words.