Content generated during research for the paperback book 'Cornwall and the Cross: Christianity 500-1560' (ISBN 978-1-86077-468-3) for the England's Past for Everyone series
Tywardreath was once home to a wealthy priory, founded by Richard Fitz-Turold shortly after the Norman conquest.
This small but appealing well building lies just to the north of the churchyard of St Clarus’s Church.
To the north west of St Cleer, on the Liskeard Road, there lies an inscribed Anglo-Saxon stone cross, known as the Doniert Stone, which has an insc
This church was consecrated in 1338, and most of the building dates from the 14th century.
This large parish church is a good example of the Gothic Perpendicular style of the 15th century.
A typical Cornish church, St James has a west tower with buttresses, an aisle of seven bays, wagon roofs and a south porch inscribed with the year
This Iron Age hill fort consists of a circular raised earthwork and ditch enclosing an area about 140 metres in diameter.
This small chapel and holy well are located in a pretty, rugged area above the River Inney.
This is one of the most distinctive and spectacular spots in Cornwall.