Content generated during research for the paperback book 'The Medway Valley: A Kent Landscape Transformed' (ISBN 13 : 978-1-86077-600-7) for the England's Past for Everyone series
St Mary's church, Burham, was designed by E. W. Stephens of Maidstone and was built by J. G. Naylar and Sons in 1881 at a cost of £4,500.
The Wesleyan Chapel in Church Street was built in 1847, with a School at the rear added in 1873.
Rochester Road, Burham, viewed from the south towards Rochester.
Charles Bolton's draper's shop and post office. He published a series of local postcard views.
Burham was once a distinct, seperated community, having very different traditions and peculiarities from it's neighbouring villages, despite their
Burham, St Mary the Virgin. Now in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust, the building outlasted its Victorian replacement.
Wouldham, Purser Place, the house of Walter Burke. He was purser on the Victory and it was in his arms that Nelson died.
Royal Engineers, Bridging Battalion in camp at Wouldham, 1905.
Barge on the Medway proceeding towards Rochester, with Wouldham in the background.