Content derived from research undertaken as part of the Victoria County History project
What was the chapel of St Mary the Virgin in the cemetery of Norton Fitzwarren? Was it a lost chapel or the parish church?
For a small parish Norton Fitzwarren had several public houses, partly owing to the fact that two main roads crossed the parish.
This former farmhouse and later factory office was one of the oldest domestic buildings in Norton Fitwarren but was demolished.
Norton Fitwarren had a succession of school premises but the 1872 National School was in use for over a century.
Norton Fitzwarren was an important military site in the Second World War which left a lasting legacy to the parish.
Norton Fitwarren has an unusual war memorial in the form of the gate pillars outside the village club house, now the village hall.
Norton Fitzwarren on the outskirts of Taunton was a site of national importance during the Second World War with several miltary sites