Content derived from research undertaken as part of the Victoria County History project
Number 52 North Street, Taunton has been a grocery store for at least 180 years.
A remarkable correspondence had begun by 1915 between parishioners and the vicar of Taunton St Mary Magdalene and other church officers.
Long before any woman formally qualified in dentistry Taunton had a female dentist.
Mary Sweet was the creator of the western side of the present Castle Hotel, Taunton in the 1830s.
The post Reformation church was concerned that people attended church for political as much as for religious reasons.
The Somerset Heritage Centre was built in 2010 on a huge brownfield site in the Silk Mills area of Taunton in the parish of Norton Fitzwarren.