Both Fideoak mill and Longaller mill in Bishops Hull were on Fideoak manor and were fulling mills in 1578 and presumably until the 17th century.
The medieval manor mill at Bishops Hull went out of use in the 1340s but by the late 16th century the parish was home to a large number of mills, a
Longrun with its former farmstead is well known to dog walkers, runners, young people and others but the millpond is hidden and nearly dry and all
Probate inventories for Tormarton in South Gloucestershire, transacribed by volunteers at Gloucestershire Archives.
Probate inventories transcribed by volunteers at the Gloucestershire Archives on behalf of VCH Gloucestershire.
These inventories were transcribed by volunteers at the Gloucestershire Archives as part of the preparatory work for future VCH Gloucestershire vol
About half of the parish of Old Basing lies on chalk, with the sands and gravels of the Reading beds running through the centre of the village from
These inventories were transcribed by volunteers at the Gloucestershire Archives as part of the preparatory work for VCH Gloucestershire volume 14,