Though substantially remodelled both buildings are of medieval origin, and were apparently of moderately high status.
Behind the 17th- and 18th-century fronts of these four separate houses and shops are remains of more medieval buildings. Nos.
These two buildings probably began as a single late-medieval range: No.
Though a shared Cotswold-slate roof now links this range with Nos. 54–56, the varied stone façades confirm their separate histories. No.
In origin this is probably a small 17th-century cottage (cf. Nos.
Behind the 18th-century ashlar façade, rebuilt in the 1970s after a collapse, is a 5-bay late medieval house, whose roof has principal-rafter truss
This narrow cottage (now a shop) occupies a small plot probably severed from No. 67 next door.
The builder of this impressive, late 18th-century 3-storey frontage, with its symmetrical façade of ashlar limestone, is unknown.
The double-gabled smooth stone frontage of c.1903 conceals remains of another medieval house.
This rubblestone façade would once have been rendered: most of the window surrounds have been pecked to allow render to adhere properly, in an 18th