A house here is documented from 1473, when the prominent Burford merchant John Pinnock left it first to his son and granddaughter, and then to the
In origin this is another jettied, timber-framed building with fine carved bargeboards of the late 15th century, built for an unknown owner and inc
The façade is almost entirely of the 1920s (below), but the structure contains remains of another late 15th-century building, whose jetty survives
A timber-framed building of c.1500 lies behind this tall frontage.
The rendered façade of this tall narrow building hides a medieval timber-framed house, owned in 1489 by John Bishop.
No. 125 includes another late-medieval building, encased in stone in the 18th century or earlier.
The Hook family came to Snodland in 1854 as the new owners of the paper mill.
Halling High Street looking north c.1910. Although the shops on the left have gone, the buildings remain.
At the height of production at the end of the nineteenth century, some seventeen cement factories were working on the banks of the Medway between F
The Downs above Upper Halling, looking south.
Upper Halling is one of the small villages that makes up the Medway Valley.