The parish church of St Michael and All Angels in Bishopwearmouth belonged to the bishop of Durham, who appointed its rectors.
The coal trade was at the centre of Sunderland's 17th-c. prosperity, and continued to thrive through the 18th century.
Chatsworth was transformed in the 1680s from Sir William Cavendish's Elizabethan house with four tall ranges round a small courtyard into a fashion
Produced by University of London
The Old Hall at Hardwick survives only as a shell, with remnants of its plaster decoration.
The Bosons were one of Newlyn's leading gentry families.
Prideaux Place is an Elizabethan house with extensive grounds and a deer park, high above Padstow, Cornwall, with views over the Camel
Molland church (St. Mary) is of outstanding interest.
Brass in Dulverton church to Humphry Sydenham of Combe, Dulverton, d. 1710 aged 38