'The Georgian House' was once the home of the Pinney family.
Hannah More (1745-1833), a Bristol Quaker, established a school for young ladies on this site.
This pub is another link to the thriving Bristol sugar industry, although the refinery itself burnt down in 1859.
Colston is widely revered as one of Bristol's biggest benefactors.
The Lewin's Mead Sugar House, now Hotel du Vin Bristol, was once a sugar refinery processing sugar cane.
The first open meeting in Bristol on the abolition of the slave trade occurred in 1788, in the medieval Guild Hall (now demolished), Broad Street.
The Commercial Rooms were built in 1810 by Charles Busby, just after the aboliton of the slave trade in Britain (1807). It replaced a well-known C
This once was the site of one of the first banks outside London.
The Exchange was built in 1741–43 by John Wood the Elder, with carvings by Thomas Paty, replacing the less grand facilities on the site for Bristol
The Bristol Slavery Trail illustrates the links between the city of Bristol and the wider global economy during the era of the Atlantic slave trade