The image here shows the busy riverside settlement of South Hylton.
During the 12th and 13th centuries, as the population and economy of England expanded, a large number of new towns were laid out in most parts of t
There are a variety of crosses from Paul parish. Paul is situated just to the south of Newlyn.
Cornish is a distinct Brittonic language - close to Welsh and Breton.
St Juliot in an isolated position on the northern slopes of the Valency Valley.
There has been a place of worship here since the early 1300s when a chapel was erected dedicated to Thomas a Becket
The parish church of St Keverne is dedicated to St Akeveranus.
St Mawnan and St Stephens Church, built in 1231, is only one of four churches serving the parish of Mawnan Smith.
St Michael Caerhays was dedicated on 5th October 1259.
It is known that there was a Norman chapel on the site of the present church, but the only fragment remaining of this chapel is the tympanum over t