Occupying the whole of a wide medieval burgage plot, this long frontage dates from after 1863, when the building was Newman's drapers.
At No. 94, now called Christmas Court, the canopy with supporting columns, the boxed shopfront, and the bay windows are all 19th-century.
Though substantially remodelled both buildings are of medieval origin, and were apparently of moderately high status.
Behind the 17th- and 18th-century fronts of these four separate houses and shops are remains of more medieval buildings. Nos.
The stone archway to the street is late 14th-century, and though it may have been reset, parts of the house are medieval.
The double-gabled smooth stone frontage of c.1903 conceals remains of another medieval house.
Image copyright English Heritage
Aylesford, the Friars. The Carmelite Order was established here in 1242.
This volume, known as the 'Red Book', contains rentals for the bishop of Hereford's manors.