A timber-framed building of c.1500 lies behind this tall frontage.
No. 125 includes another late-medieval building, encased in stone in the 18th century or earlier.
The Hook family came to Snodland in 1854 as the new owners of the paper mill.
At the height of production at the end of the nineteenth century, some seventeen cement factories were working on the banks of the Medway between F
George Paul was headmaster of Ledbury Boys School for over twenty years, from 1885 until 1917.
Henry Rider Haggard was born in Norfolk in 1856, the son of a Norfolk squire.
The settlement which developed into Ledbury grew up in the Anglo-Saxon period at an important crossroads where the road from Hereford to Worcester
The author and poet John Masefield is one of Ledbury's most famous sons. He was born at the Knapp, in the Homend, in 1878.
At his death in 1929 Sir John Plowright Houfton was described as 'a great public man' with a 'long and distinguished association with the Bolsover