John Collins was a farmer in Codford
The military cemetery in Codford St Mary, the second largest of its kind in the UK, lies in a peaceful spot by the parish church and contains the g
The cap badge on the slope above Foxhole Bottom, made by Australian troops, 1916-17, incorporating glass beer bottle bases. Polishing the bottles
The Second World War had a great impact on the restoration of the country house. A hiatus in the works planned by the Pearsons, combined with the
Much of our knowledge about Elizabethan Parham comes from the work which the Pearsons and their architect Victor Heal carried out on the house from
The present-day Phyllis Court is a stuccoed, Italianate mansion house on Henley's northern edge, built in the early 1840s.
Image: a typical crush of pleasure boats at the 1896 Regatta, viewed from one of house boats which lined the banks for weeks on end.
This site formerly included two cottages, shown in 1920s photographs.
This imposing, early 18th-century ashlar front in Taynton stone hides remains of a 15th- or 16th-century building behind.
This 2½-storey house is of 17th-century origin, with early 18th-century window openings standing proud of the rendered façade.