The war memorial near Exmoor House in Dulverton commemorates the dead of two world wars.
The mouth of the Wear, source of much of the nation’s power, was a natural enemy target in wartime.
There was a military presence in the port through much of the 18th century, but it was not until the century's end, during the French wars, that a
Although not recorded until 1204 Stogursey Castle was presumably built before 1166 when William de Curci III, lord of Stogursey held a barony of 27
The wooden castle was built by William the conqueror as his invasion force came to the West Country in 1086.
Trowbridge Barracks was erected in Bradley Road in 1794 by contractor John Scobell.
Stonehenge airfield landing ground between the Shrewton & Exeter roads west of Stonehenge was opened in 1917 for training bomber pilots.
The war memorial for Bishops Hull stands in a prominent position in the centre of the village.